Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pushy Smushy

Are any of ya'll pushovers? I'm not sure how I would categorize myself. Sometimes I feel like I can't say no to anyone or anything. Which could be the reason I'm a member of 2 gyms, taught 11th grade girls Sunday School about 3 years longer than I wanted to, and why my phone rings off the hook with kids selling stuff. I'm a total sucker.

Other times, it's like something just comes over me and I feel empowered to stand my ground. It's hard to find that fine line. You know, being able to say no without coming off as witchy.

For instance, a couple of weeks ago a friend called and asked if I would be willing to sit through a 2 hour Rainbow vacuum cleaner demostration so she could get some kind of thing-a-ma-widge free. Now, I love my friend. I would give her the clothes off my back (as long as no one saw me naked), money if she needed it... heck, I'd probably give her a kidney. But ya'll! A TWO HOUR VACUUM CLEANER DEMONSTRATION!!! I just couldn't do it. To me, that would be some severe torture. Don't worry. Our friendship is intact. She totally understood. I think.

What about ya'll? Do you often say Yes when you really want to say No???

post signature

3 comments:

MamaHen said...

Jill, I despartely need a new vacuum cleaner and I would not have sat through a two hour demo. That is crazy!!!!

Paulina said...

hahaha, yeh I agree with you and mama hen. No to the two hour demo. ugh.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I have learned that "No." is a sentence.