Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Thoughts

It's only 3 days till Christmas!!!

I am beyond excited. I just got back about an hour ago from buying the VERY last present I have to buy. Now I can just relax and enjoy the "season". I love everything about Christmas. I love the festivities, the shopping, even the crazy Alabama weather. It's 61 degrees right now.

And I love the "reason for the season". I know that's a phrase we throw around casually and I must confess that I haven't taken any time out to really think about the real meaning of Christmas this year. But, I'm thinking about it now.

I am in awe of that young, virgin girl who replied, "I am the Lord's servant" when the angel told her she would give birth to the Son of God. I will be anxious to talk with Mary in Heaven someday. I can't comprehend or grasp the level of emotions she must have gone through in her lifetime. What could it have possible felt like to hold the Son of God in her arms? I'm not sure why Mary is on my mind so much today....

post signature

10 comments:

LeAnna said...

Amen, girlfriend. Loved your thoughts on Mary - so true! Being a Momma I can imagine just the tiniest bit of how she must have felt, but the Momma to our Savior? WOW!

It was 60 degrees here today, too. :)

Toothfairy said...

I've just bought the few last ones too, though I still feel like I'm not finished! I feel like I'm not totally ready for christmas yet! help... someone please stop the time!

loves

Daphine said...

I'm all done too and it FEELS great!!!

I can't wait to talk to Mary when I get to heaven too... loved reading your thoughts here.

Merry Christmas to you and your precious family!

Lois Christensen said...

A few years ago when the Passion of the Christ movie came out, seeing Mary watch her son being crucified touched me. It showed her as such a "mother" and not just a bystander. What a wonderful person Mary was to have given of herself so much to be the mother of our Savior. Great post, enjoy your day!

Lois Christensen said...

A few years ago when the Passion of the Christ movie came out, seeing Mary watch her son being crucified touched me. It showed her as such a "mother" and not just a bystander. What a wonderful person Mary was to have given of herself so much to be the mother of our Savior. Great post, enjoy your day!

Mrs. K said...

Hi Jill! I just came across your blog and was excited to find a fellow Alabamian blogger :) Hope you have a merry Christmas! I look forward to reading more!

Rachel said...

Great thoughts!

We've been talking about Mary today too, because my Mom gave Ali a book centered around Mary.

Tonight, Ali said "I want to be thankful for Mary."

I love it!

BECKY said...

Hi Jill! I love the song Breath of Heaven for this very reason. It grabs me and causes me to sit and ponder about Mary, Joseph, and the birth of my Savior. What a wonder! What a delight!! That God would come down here in the form of man and teach us how to live! So amazing!!

May your Christmas be full of the JOY and LOVE of Christ Jesus!!
Love and hugs,
Becky

Kremsa said...

Mary has been on my mind this year, as well. I am in awe that she got to hold, love, cuddle, and kiss on Jesus. I always just think of Him as a little adult, but he was a baby. Then there is the pain Mary had to endure seeing her son taunted, persecuted, and crucified. Mothers cannot handle even seeing their children upset for being left out of a game, much less true physical pain. She truly is consuming my thoughts this year, and I am not sure if it is because I am a mother or because this is what I am suppose to learn this year.

Joy McD said...

Merrry Christmas Jill!! So lovely to have met you this year :) I pray you and your family have a wonderful holiday season, and feel His presence close by...

lv,

Joy