Monday, May 10, 2010

Things you should never have to see at the hospital

Saturday, I went to the hospital with Jay so he could visit a friend. His friend is in the trauma unit so it wasn't "prudent" for me to go back with Jay to see him. Instead, I sat in the waiting room and did a little people watching. I would almost say I have no words, except I do. I need to tell you that it is appalling at some of the things people will wear.

I'm not talking about a difference between someone's style and mine. I'm talking about a matter of good ole' plain decency and modesty. I did have my camera with me but I didn't feel it appropriate to whip it out in the
trauma waiting room. (Plus, I'm pretty sure any and all of those girls could have kicked my hiney from here to China - and I don't want to go to China - ever.) You'll just have to use your imagination.

One girl had on this one-piece jumpsuit getup that appeared to be acid-wash denim material but upon closer inspection (yes, I got closer) was something that resembled Spanx. It was tight enough to be an extra layer of skin. I decided to look for a picture so you could really see what I'm trying to describe and I couldn't believe I found one. What I couldn't believe even more was that someone would actually pay $350 for this. Please note, this one is about a hundred times nicer than what the girl at the hospital was wearing.



A way to small spaghetti-strap night shirt worn as a shirt on a very large and well-endowed girl. Yes, I am positive it was a night-shirt. It was so small that it didn't come down low enough to meet the top of the super
short jean skirt. There was lots of shall we say "loose skin" showing between the two. A whole lot I didn't care to see. I'm pretty sure no picture is needed.

And why is it that these people feel the need to walk around the WHOLE TIME THEY'RE THERE? Why can't they just sit in their seat like the rest of us. I promise I saw one girl go to the bathroom 6 times in about a 30 minute period. And I know she wasn't "using" the bathroom because she was only in there for about 15 seconds each time. She was just going in there to check her hair - which was about as big as the waiting room itself.

Here's the deal. If someone is sitting in the trauma waiting room, they've been through enough. Don't subject them to having to watch you prance around in your crazy clothes and tricked-out hair. I just don't get it.

post signature

11 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

You are soooo funny! Sorry your friend is in a trauma unit, but it did make for a good post!

Love the picture of you and your Mom! SO pretty!

Lianne said...

Surely there were folks in pajamas, too, right? And wife beater t-shirts???

The word "spanx" makes me laugh. :)

LeAnna said...

Oh good Lord, don't get me started on well endowed (at all levels, top, middle and bottom) women who wear clothing ten times too small for them. My neighbor is so bad about that bless her heart, but she wears shirts with "shorts" so short I can't even tell she has them on. One day she was out mowing on the riding lawn mower wearing only a bikini top and gym shorts, and the Lord as my witness, there were so many rolls I'll be a monkey if those gym shorts didn't plum disappear. But she thinks she's the hottest thing ever, so she flaunts her flab.
Gag me. But really, I have flab and I sure don't go around with it hanging out.
And that jump suit? Oh.my.word. They sell those for real money?????

Rachel said...

But just think - without them, you would have been bored!!

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Seriously! People have been through enough! Don't traumatize them more! You need a camera phone so you can pretend you're texting and snap some pics!

Trina said...

I am amazed at some of the things people wear. Like seriously I think some people are crazy and just don't know any better. They make for great entertainment tho :)

Janna said...

Oh my! I laughing at all the mental pictures you gave me. Too funny!

Jennifer said...

Sometimes going out in public is just gross...

Jenn said...

Yea ~ people watching is interesting! strange birds out there! the worst is when your kids are gasping ... open jawed ... saying... loudly... "mommy LOOK..."
I wonder what people think of me when they people watch?! hm.........

carissa said...

the one piece jumpsuits are evil. yuck. at least you were entertained while you waited. ; )

Jill said...

Oh goodness, that sounds terrible. The emergency room waiting area is never a good thing!