Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A-HA

Today something hit me with such stark clarity that you would have thought a bomb went off in the sky. I.am.a.horrible.person. No, I haven't murdered anyone or robbed a bank. Mostly, it's the thoughts that go on in my head and unfortunately make their way out of my mouth on way too many occassions.

I am a SINNER! Of course, I've always known I'm a sinner - we all are. But I guess I just thought I was basically a good person and trying to be in God's Will and do the right things. I know I am a child of God and my salvation is secure but I think the Lord has been slowly revealing to me over the past month that I have not been in His will. And today, oh today - it hit me like a ton of bricks. I think God got tired of me taking so long to "get it"!

I feel like so many things that I have taken such a strong stance on are just STUPID! I have a tendency to make up my mind about something and that's just the way it is. Well guess what - it's not always the way it is. I'm not always right. My way isn't always the best way and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY - could I just please remember that I am NOT THE BOSS OF EVERYTHING!!!

My preacher has brought up the song "I Did it My Way" in his sermons a couple of times. Well guess what happens when I try to do it "my way"? It's a big ol' mess! NOTHING good comes from it. I don't want to live my life my way, I want to live it His.PERFECT.Way.

I have seriously been knocked down a peg or two and I can't think of a better way for it to happen than by my precious Lord and Saviour, who does it in love and desires to restore me to Himself. How can I possibly feel completely different tonight than when I woke up this morning? It's my heart. I think it got picked up, dusted off and put back all shiny again.

All I can say is thank you God - over and over. I wonder if He got a good chuckle when I had my A-HA moment.


post signature

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great reminder! It's always been hard for me to give up that control!

Love the new design!

Joy McD said...

I had one of those moments too the other day... sigh... Thank goodness we have Him!!!
lv,
Joy

LeAnna said...

Loved this post. 'Cause it's real, and it's where we all should be. A-ha'in over the fact we're nothing but filthy rags out of the light of his righteousness. It's He that makes us who we are. Sinners unworthy, yet loved by Who is Holy.

I wish I lived next door to you, I think we'd be good friends. Just sayin'.

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Welcome to my world!

Janna said...

I'm right there with ya' sister!

Tea said...

I'm horrible too. God keeps teaching me. ..I love what you said, because it is so true, that God teaches us in such a loving and gracious way.

Anna said...

I'm there too. He's so good to reveal it!

BECKY said...

I just love your honesty, Jill! It is so endearing and fresh! We all take stuff into our own hands and mess it up! So glad God delights in cleaning up our messes! All we have to do is realize it, confess it, and try to do better next time!

And I think He does get a kick out of us sometimes! I know I have heard Him chuckling before!! (or at least figured that He has to be laughing) ;o)
Love ya,
Becky

carissa said...

i feel the same way about myself! but hey, that makes sense because we're all big fat sinners... you are not alone! but praise Jesus for the hope we can have in Him because of grace!

Rachel said...

Great post and reminder! I am totally the same way and know exactly what you're talking about.

Lois Christensen said...

Beautiful. And I love what you wrote about your hubby. So sweet!!!

Thank you for your comments on my hubby coming home. That was so sweet of you!