Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Catching Up

If there was a Worst Blogger of the Year award, I'm pretty sure I would get it. I'm not quite sure why I can't seem to post more than once a month... It could have something to do with my unique ability to waste more time than the average person. It's good to be above average at something, right?

I'm also pretty sure it has something to do with the heat. Usually getting in my car to leave work is a happy, happy time. Now I spend the first few minutes of my drive home trying to hold my legs up so the seat doesn't burn my skin off. Yes I know, I somehow can't remember to grab a towel or something before I leave home.

I have had a busy couple of months. In May I wrapped up my 12 week exercise class (started another last night!), finished leading Beth Moore's David study on Wednesday nights and... took a trip to Vegas with my sister-in-laws.

Should Bible Study and Vegas be in the same sentence??? J/K. My sister-in-law Kay had to do an audit for work and was sweet enough to invite Amy and me along for four nights of sister-in-law togetherness. I certainly had a great time with Amy and Kay but I think it's safe to say I'm not a Vegas kind of girl.

I did enjoy laying out by this fabulous pool


and seeing the Hoover Dam


and my favorite Sister-in-Laws


and these two kissing turtles that we saw at Red Rock Canyon.


Till next time...

4 comments:

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Well, you may be the worst blogger (hey, you said it not me) but I know you're the best aunt. There were four kids over here yesterday that say so constantly. And Abbie is really excited about this weekend!

I don't know if it's the shades, but you and your sisters-in-law all favor each other!
How great that you all have a good relationship like that. Sounds like a fun trip!

LeAnna said...

You slacker, you! ;) j/k!! I did not like Vegas when I went, at all. It wasn't my thang, either. But, we did go with really great friends (who agreed that vegas wasn't their thing, either) so we at least had company! Hoorah for girl-getaways!

Janna said...

I'm not a Vegas girl either, but then I went and married an Asian! My husband and inlaws can't get enough of that place, and even my kids love it. STRANGE!!

Rachel said...

I've seen turtles do more than kiss. It's quite disturbing. Thank your lucky stars that they were just kissing.