Monday, February 6, 2012

I love it when a weekend comes together

I don't usually consider it a good thing when things don't work out the way I planned but this weekend was an exception. I had anticipated working all day Saturday but was pleasantly surprised when I was able to get it all done Friday night. That left me with a completely open Saturday! I celebrated by being quite lazy and treating myself to a trip to Target where I went down every.single.aisle that struck my fancy. I know, I know... I'm a party animal.

My running partner was on vacation last week which left me running solo. I went to bed Saturday night thinking how embarrassing it's going to be when I tell her that I only ran one time. So I hauled myself out of bed Sunday morning at 5:30 to hit the pavement. And how about it started raining after I took about 10 steps. The greatest thing was that I didn't even mind because surely running in the rain is the equivalent to running 2 normal days, right??

I had a wonderful day at Church, a great lunch, and just an overall great day with Hubs on Sunday. I think my favorite part was when he decided he wanted to learn how to walk on his hands after seeing the half-time show of the Superbowl. Unfortunately, I'm not the best spotter. We'll keep working on that - it's sure to be a crowd pleaser at parties! :)

2 comments:

MamaHen said...

Okay, ya'll are hilarious! Now you and Jay can have something new and fun to show us at Christmas. :)

So happy you had a good weekend!

Rachel said...

I expect a YouTube video of hand walking by next week.