Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Advice

Just an FYI. If you're making a Chicken-&-Rice casserole and say, go to Wal-Mart to buy the ingredients - one of which is Cream of Celery - and they have those can dispenser things - make sure the dispenser for Cream of Celery actually has Cream of Celery in it and not say, Chicken Noodle soup. (Wow, that was a long run-on.) I'm definitely not saying that I opened the can and ALMOST poured in the Chicken Noodle, because that would be crazy to think that I didn't look at the can before buying/opening it. But in case your interested, Chicken & Rice casserole tastes just as good with 2 cans of Cream of Chicken instead of 1 Cream of Chicken and 1 Cream of Celery. I'm just saying...

post signature

14 comments:

Mama Hen said...

I love your chicken and rice casserole. Hint Hint.

Paulina said...

hahahah, I have so done that same very thing! Those dispensers can be tricky!

RW @ TrueBeauty said...

Oh my gosh I have done this exact same thing except with Rotel (which i was supposed to use) and some sort of corn salsa mix....It actually turned out ok for chili :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Bwah hahahahahah!

Peeperspage said...

mmmmm I would think it would be even better with 2 cans of cream of chicken. Cream of celery goes in beef tips over noodles not in chicken casserole Jilly. I made that casserole last week and it was sooooo yummy I put some broccoli in it too

Peeperspage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Yeeks. I hate moments like that!

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Please - a casserole is nothing but whatever you have thrown together anyway! Chicken noodle probably would have been great in it...kind of surprised I've never done that...

JILLSHUBBY said...

i was excited when i thought the chicken noodle was in it! but it sure is tasty with or without the cream of celery! i can't wait to eat more tomorrow night...

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Yes, things like this happen to me all the time. And you'd think I'd learn.

Trista said...

That sounds like something I would do!

I'm a fellow Alabama Blogger and wanted to stop by for a visit! You can visit me @ www.southernfriedmama.com, www.birminghammomonline.blogspot.com, and www.deliciousdesignsbytrista.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

HLB said...

How funny is this!!! I'd love that recipe actually. Not that I can eat it while growing this child at the moment but for future reference ;) love casseroles. :D Have a great weekend!!!

Daphine said...

lol! You are hilarious! Sounds delicious though!

Jill said...

Ha Ha! That is something that would happen to me. Good call on using the 2 cans of cream of chicken. I would've probably gone back to the store and been annoyed the entire time.