Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Good, Bad & the Ugly

It's been an interesting 2 days. It started yesterday off by getting to work a little before 6 (yes AM) because I had to work with a client who is an hour ahead of us and sadly for me, wanted to work with me at 7:15 (again, AM). Anyway, it took all of about 15 whole minutes. Obviously, I had a good bit of time before 8:00 which was good because I needed to prepare for a 10:00 meeting with a prospect.


Unfortunately, no amount of time could have prepared me for this meeting. My demo didn't work, I had to leave them waiting for close to 30 minutes to try to fix the program, and sparing you all of the sad little details - I generally looked like the biggest airhead of all time as I babbled my way through this meeting, mostly laughing so I wouldn't cry.


Needless to say, my workday could have gone a little better. My only accomplishment was the fact that when I went by Wal-Mart on my lunch break, I did NOT get the box of honey buns that literally yelled my name from every part of that store. There is no doubt in my mind that if that box had made it into my buggy, I would have inhaled all 6 of them in the 3 or so minutes it takes to get back to my office. It was hard ya'll.


My night got better! Kremsa, Jake, Kerrie & Tom all came over for dinner. It was really good to see Kremsa and Jake - it's been about 2 years. You know you're really good friends when you can go that long without seeing each other and pick up right where you left off. Oh my word, we literally laughed until we cried.




Poor Jake... he's a vet and bless his heart, you know people are probably always asking him questions about their pets. Jay and I were no exception. Basically, his conclusion after hearing about Sissy's peeing on carpet & pooping in corners and Callie's hairless butt and back leg, he thinks Sissy has a behavorial problem (you think?) and Callie is experiencing anxiety. Regardless, he seriously recommended them going on Prozac. Ya'll! My cats need Prozac. Is this for real?


Jake, Kremsa, Jay, Kerrie & Tom



Kremsa, Kerrie & Me




And then, today... I woke up with a headache, nauseous and generally all-around feeling bad. (And no, before you ask, I am not pregnant.) I didn't go to work. The best part of the day was when I realized at some point that I still felt nauseous, but it was because I was actually hungry. I won't bore you with all those details either.



So have a good one ya'll. It's almost the weekend.

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

Fun times! I totally missed Callie and Sissy's "diagnosis". Maybe the prozac will work?!?! Sorry you were feeling bad-hope it wasn't my pie!

Peeperspage said...

So glad you girls had fun. Hope you feel better soon

MamaHen said...

Jill, you can talk to Vet Grandaddy Mark about those cats, he will want to know.

Mollie said...

I've actually heard of giving dogs prozac (my Killian would probably benefit). I haven't heard of giving it to cats, and I still consider the .38 caliber therapy option as viable sometimes. Good luck with your mental cats...

Mollie said...

You gonna post again soon? I mean, seriously... It's Easter weekend for crying out loud. Oh, and I'm a little bit jealous of you being able to babysit...