Monday, May 18, 2009

We Can Read People Like a Book

Daddy and Mama passed the reading gene onto all of us kids. If you could stack up all the books that we've all read throughout our lifetimes, you could probably make it to the moon. I like all kinds of books but my favorite is Christian Fiction.

Some of my favorite Christian authors of all time are Francine Rivers, Dee Henderson, Terri Blackstock and Karen Kingsbury. Karen Kingsbury was the reason I signed up to go to the Extrodinary Women's conference last weekend. I took my most favorite of her books hoping that I could get an autograph.

Mama and I pretty much stalked her table and found out that she would be meeting and greeting at 10:00 on Saturday. We stood in line for about an hour and were rewarded with this:

This is Karen's Mama. She was just as sweet as she could be.



and this:


and... she signed my book... and called me her friend. Yes, you heard that right. Not only are we sisters in Christ, we're friends too. I was giddy with excitement.

We also got to meet Stormie O'Martian. If you haven't read The Power of a Praying Wife, you really should. It will change your life and your marriage.


Between us stalking Karen's table and scouting out potential terrorists, I think Mama and I would make great detectives. Let me know if you need us to do any investigating.

2 comments:

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Love Stormie! The Power of a Praying Wife changed my life! I still refer to it all the time. Everyone should have a copy!

Rachel said...

Wow! Awesome!!

Hey Jill! Thanks for coming over and linking up at Alabama Bloggers! I already feel like I know you through Mama Hen's blog, though, but nice to officially meet you!!