Monday, July 6, 2009

I Totally Write This With Love

I cannot help but feel it's my civic duty to inform you of my "distaste" of the teenage activity that I saw at the beach this weekend. Oh my heavens above, WHAT is our world coming too? I can't entirely blame these kids - I do believe there have got to be some Mamas and Daddies who either just don't give a flyin' flip or honestly think they've raised little angels. This post will focus on just girls because, well, I am one and they're the ones who got me all riled up.


I know that some of you are thinking, "Who do you think you are to be giving advice on parenting when you don't have kids of your own?" Here's what I say to that: It's my blog. If you don't like it, don't read it. And furthermore, I don't have to worry that my own kids are "acting the crazy" when I'm spouting off at the mouth about other people's. With that said, here are some things that disturbed me tremendously about the teenage girls I saw this weekend.


#1. Girls that where shorts/pants with words on their booties. What!?! All this does is scream, "Look at my bootie! Just in case you missed that it's CUTE or BOOTILICIOUS or whatever, I'll just make sure it's written there." In my humble opinion, if you bought these for your daughter, shame on you.


#2. Girls wearing shorts that are so short that their butt-cheeks hang out. This is a two-fold issue for me. Although some girls have cute little butt-cheeks, the boys do not need to be looking at them. And I couldn't help but wonder if they had on thongs or any panties at all. And let's just face it, if I thought it - I assure you, the boys were too. Then there's the flip-side when you've got somebody who is just a little too hefty to even be thinking about shorts that short. Nuff said about that.


#3. We went to Pier Park to eat and watch the fireworks with some friends and ya'll! there were girls just walking around in their itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny bikinis. I'm not talking about shorts and a bikini top - they were just walking around in their swimsuits like they were at the pool. Let me be clear, there was not a pool at Pier Park.


#4. While eating at a restaurant, there was a table near us with 5 guys and 1 girl. YES, you read that right - 5 GUYS AND 1 GIRL!!! NO, NO, NOOOO!


#5. While driving about an hour to get about 1 mile down the road, we saw girls hopping from the back of one truck to run across the street to jump in the back of another truck. Mamas, please tell your girls that they will not meet their soul mate by locking eyes across a lane of jacked up trucks as he yells obscenities. I just wanted to grab them all up and yell, "Do you know what could happen to you???? Have you heard of Natalie Holloway???"


Now don't get me wrong. Not every kid falls into any of the above categories. There are some really good kids out there. And, not every bad kid has terrible parents. I think we all know a couple of those kids whose parents are "good people" and have done everything possible to try and make sure to raise good, God-fearing kids and bless em, Satan just got in the way.



All I'm saying is just try to be aware. It's great if you trust your angel but for the love, don't trust everybody else. So, when the day comes.... just let me know if you need me to go to the beach on your behalf and do some spy work.


Now, if I haven't totally offended you all and lost all 10 of my readers.... ya'll come on back tomorrow for my very first give-away ever!

9 comments:

MamaHen said...

Are you sure about not meeting your soul make across a jacked up pickup truck? Totally cracked me up!

Jennifer said...

Jill, I love it. Wouldn't you love to do a kind of "emergency makeover" in the street on those kids, like on What not To Wear for booty-call outfits! Cause that is what they are, even if those kids are too stupid to know it. Sadly, they know it, thanks to MTV.

Mrs. Jennifer said...

huulllooo girl. We could go on and on all day! Awful!!

Kerrie said...

Jill-Amen, amen and amen!
I totally agree with you.
Olivia got mad the other day b/c I wouldn't let her get a shirt that was a halter top.
And I will certainly hire you to follow my girls anytime they go anywhere! you might have to start working in the youth again when they get that age!
Glad you updated, I was missing your blog!

Lois Christensen said...

You're soooooo right!! I cannot agree with you more on this subject! I have a 16 year old and am constantly telling her to be careful with what she wears, even around our own house! I am very strict with what I will let her walk out of the house wearing and she does get mad at me, but I'm the parent!

I feel like an old, old, old, cranky old lady some days with this subject.

Hope you had a nice time in spite of the lack of clothing!

Jill and Mamahensmama said...

That's my girl!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Yeeks. SOOO true.
And I just blogged about writing on the butt Saturday! My least favorite fashion trend of all times.

I feel ya!

Mollie said...

Agree. Gotta admit - I hate the butt writing too. I'm not interested in viewing everyone's heinie, but you can't stop when there's something there you have to read and interpret.

Trina said...

I was totally guilty of all these in my younger years and I wasn't even that wild. I didn't have the best upbringing (ie my mom pretty much let me do what I wanted) and somehow (by the grace of God) I turned out ok and was never taken advantage of. Unfortunately it doesn't always turn out that way.

I for one do not want my daughter doing any of the things listed and you better believe I will be diligent about bringing her up to respect herself.

Great post.