I ordered two twin bedframes and mattresses a couple of weeks ago and decided to make my headboards. I loved Trading Spaces back in the day and have always wanted to try this.
I dedicated this weekend to that project. Jay and I went to Lowe's Friday morning so I could get some wood cut to frame my foam board. This is Allan, my new favorite Lowe's employee. He did a bang-up job cutting the wood.
Saturday afternoon I went to Hancock Fabrics and found this great drapery fabric that was perfect! (It was even more perfect that it was on sale!)
(Sidenote: Jay left Sunday afternoon to go to Baton Rouge for work. He'll be back Friday. Boo Hoo....)
I got up this morning with a purpose. I was bound and determined that I could do this project. First, I nailed my boards together for the frames. This turned out to be the hardest part. It was a booger to try to hold the wood and nail at the same time. I think I broke a sweat.
Next, I did this cool trick I like to call "duct taping the foam board to the frame". Some people might say this is the redneck way to do it, and I would say they're right.
I used a staple gun to cover the whole thing with polyfill. (I may have gone a little overboard with the staples but honestly, that staple gun rocks!)
And finally, I used the staple gun to attach the fabric and Voila! Here are my two new headboards!
It only took a little less than 3 hours and most of that was trying to nail those dang boards together. I'll keep you posted as the room progresses!