Sunday, March 14, 2010

20 is my Number

What a weekend! It has been full of birthdays and fun that I'll be blogging about later in the week, but tonight I need talk to you about me and a goal I've set for myself. It's called:

 20 pounds -n- 20 weeks

Here's the deal. Jay and I are going to Hawaii August 21st and I can't even begin to try to explain to you how excited I am! Here's what I'm not excited about - the fact that I'm 20 pounds overweight. So, I made myself a plan. I have 20 weeks between now and the end of July and I am determined to lose this weight. In theory, it shouldn't be hard to lose a pound a week but I've been on this weight loss journey for a few years now and I know it won't be easy.

I started Weight Watchers a couple of years ago with a goal to lose 10 pounds. I did it fairly quickly and made Life Time. But then like an idiot, I quit going and gained it all back - plus 10. I've started back and weighed in Saturday morning. Ya'll, it was 155.0.

I know that as women, we tend to NEVER reveal our weight and I almost can't believe I just did it, but I need to. I need you to help me meet my goal. Will you? Will you keep me accountable?

I made this poster and hung it in my bathroom.





I'm going to report in to you each weekend after I weigh in. I'm hoping that ya'll will encourage me and really help me to do this. Thanks ya'll!!!


post signature

17 comments:

carissa said...

you are awesome. the fact that your willing to reveal what most of us never would, just goes to show that you're motivated! hawaii is awesome motivation!!! have you been before? we honeymooned in maui and honolulu. it is amazing! i know you are going to meet your goals! we will most certainly help you stay motivated. you rock girl. you totally can do this!

LeAnna said...

You can do it, girlfriend!!!! So jealous about Hawaii. But we can still be friends. ;)

Peeperspage said...

I'm right there with you Jilly but I have waaaaayyyy more that 2o lbs to lose.. I have baby weight still after 2 years and after you get married weight after 5 years and well I am starting tomorrow. Good Luck and I wouldn't dare post my weight. What are ya'll going to Hawaii for?

Meg Fletcher said...

You got it girl! I know how hard it is...I've never been naturally thin and I've lost some focus for a while so I'll be right there with you! I'd love to encourage you along the way!

erin said...

Good Luck!!! If you have any tips I would love to hear!! I have finally fully recoverd from major hip surgery and need to get back on the work out wagon and drop the post surgery pounds!!

MamaHen said...

I am loving the poster.

Jocelyn said...

what an awesome motivation! you can do it...we will all help cheer you on!!!

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Jill, I think you are absolutely beautiful and I know Jay does, too (which is actually the one that matters here)!! But if that 20 pounds is keeping you from being happy and/or healthy then you should do it!! And you can!!
The calendar looks great! Write down every single thing you take a bite of. Tracking always helps.
And this is eally hard for me to help you with, because I'm really jealous of Hawaii. I'd much rather be bitter right now...

Amy Prikazsky said...

I really hope you meet your goal! Maybe I need to do that….I want to lose 20 pounds too but I would like to lose it by June 24th for a trip to Jamaica. I don’t know if that’s feasible but I’m going to work hard! Would you want to be accountability partners? If so, send me an email amyprikazsky@gmail.com. Hope you have a great Monday!

PS-You inspired me!

tinypaperheart said...

how exciting that you are going to hawaii! and i love the calendar you made for your plan! :)

Cindy said...

They say people who publicize their effort to lose weight are more likely to loose it so you're already steered in the right direction. Good luck!

Kristy K said...

I agree with the previous comment! By putting yourself out there (for the whole web to see) you'll be more likely to lose it. And what a great goal - Hawaii!!

Janna said...

Good luck! I need to jump on your bandwagon because this mama's put on some lbs this winter. My sis in Pelham is struggling too and wants to drop 40 lbs, so I'm going to send her a link to your post. GO JILL!!!

Rachel said...

I totally need to do this. (sigh) oh the conviction...

Stacy's Snippets said...

Get on with your skinny self...I can't remember the last time I only weighed 155.0 Maybe when when I was 20?

GOOD LUCK!!!! I know you can do it!

Jen said...

I am so proud of you! I've been thinking of doing the same type of thing - Doing a post on my blog, updating it regularily, getting feedback from my followers and just have some acountability. Love what your doing! You're going to do great!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I applaud you! I think you look fabulous! I cannt see you need to loose any weight. When I saw you I thougth how tiny you are.
On the other hand, when I saw your weight, it is very close to mine. And I know how I FEEL. I would love to loose 20 lbs and get a breast reduction and I would feel so good ab me.
OK, Can you share with me ab the program, hwo it works wo me joining? Maybe I can play along.