Sunday, November 9, 2008

Alone again...

I'm back on the couch. Hubby left a few minutes ago for another week in Atlanta. I miss him tons but am thankful that he has a job. I know that so many people are out of work right now.

I just got back from Academy where I bought some of those 180 degree ear thingies. I met Jill (I'm not crazy and I don't refer to myself in the 3rd person. Jill is my bestest friend.) at the track at 6:00 AM (yes, AM) to run. It was freezing and because I'm the dork that I am, I wore shorts. It felt like needles were hitting my legs over and over. My ears were the worst though. We're meeting again at 5:30 tomorrow morning and I will have on pants and my new ear thingies!

Before you get the wrong impression, I am not some kind of fitness freak. (Although I would really like to be.) I will be 35 next August and have decided that by the time I'm 35 I want to be in shape and run a 5K and 10K. I have never ran before in my life so I'm doing the Couch to 10K deal. I'm on week 2. Baby steps. I have also gotten a personal trainer. Tomorrow starts week 2. More on that later.

It has been a GREAT weekend! It was actually a long weekend for me. I decided to take a personal day Friday which turned out to be the beginning of some much needed fun and rest. Mom came over Friday morning and we went through my gift closet. I am a clearance nut! I buy things here and there all throughout the year, put them in the gift closet, promptly forget what all I've bought and then LOVE MYSELF because right now I have pretty much finished all my Christmas shopping! Jealous, huh?

Church was so good this morning. The sermon was powerful and really made me think about whether or not I have really died to self. One thing Bro. Bill mentioned was mentally praying each morning about that and committing it to the Lord. It was about using your time and talents for the Lord also. In light of that, I need to 1. Figure out what my talent is and 2. Start using it. Sunday School is one of my most favorite times of the whole week. I work in the nursery and keep babies from about 3 to 8 mos. We only had 2 today. Little Mr. C was ready for his bottle when I first got there. He is the cutest eater you've ever seen. He makes noises the whole time and it just makes you smile. He fell asleep and was out for the rest of the time. I know I could have laid him down but I just held him and he slept till his mama came.

Well, I'm about to start my Bible Study for the coming week. It's week 2 of Kay Arthur's Return to the Garden. Hmmm... lots of week 2's in this post. C-ya!

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Jill-I am so glad you are blogging now (is blogging the right word?). Now I have another to add to my favs. I just hope you update often.