Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Think The Heat Is Frying My Brain

I cannot believe this heat. I guess I should be used to it since I've spent the entire 34 years of my life in Alabama but ya'll, this has got to be the worst EVER! I think it's sucking the lifeblood out of me. Not really, but I am seriously concerned that it's cooking the juices in my brain and rendering me stupid.

There's just been a series of things lately that make me wonder if all my candles aren't lit upstairs in the brain department. For instance, Monday night I had Bunko and of course by the time I got out of my car and walked the 10 steps or so into the house I felt drained of all energy. Once when I was keeping score, I marked everybody's points for me and my partner which was a Ghost. When it was over, I couldn't do anything but chalk up a big loss for me and my Ghost partner who I'm pretty sure was thankful to get away from me. But huge shout out to Kerrie for making THE best dessert and I would like to go ahead and request that you make me one of those for my birthday. Thanks.

Then last night, I braved the heat and went to the gym. It took everything I had not to get off on the exit to my house and continue on to the gym. No kidding, I got there and had forgotten to pack my bottoms. Thankfully, J2 was just getting ready to leave and she let me wear her bottoms. Ya'll, putting on somebody else's sweaty bottoms and then sweating in them yourself is just gross. I could only do it for 25 minutes and the grossness of it all was just too much. I got my stuff and headed to the car. And FOR THE LOVE, those stinking shorts were sitting right there on the passenger seat!

It seems like I'm forgetting everything lately except for the Jim N Nicks lemon pie that I took out to a friend who just had surgery. Ya'll I can't quit thinking about it. It stared at me from the passenger seat all the way to their house. Seriously, I have been thinking about that pie for 2 days. I have even considered getting one Saturday and eating the whole thing right after my Weight Watchers meeting. Totally kidding. I think. Please don't judge me.

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

Jill-you are too funny! Glad you liked the dessert and I will certainly make one for your b'day in August. I could even make one the next time you and Jay come over (which needs to be soon!).

JILLSHUBBY said...

DOGGONE IT KERRIE! i was just sitting here with jill, as i always am when she does her posts (except for the 1210am one...i was fast asleep), and i decided i was going to start being the first post on her blogs. DOGGONE IT KERRIE! i can't even remember now what comment i was going to make about the blog...

mamahensmama said...

What was Kerrie's dessert? Summer does a job on me too! Of course I'm nuts all the time, I just like to blame it on summer.