Sister dedicated a short little post to me today that had the phrase "Just put a little lipstick on, I'll be alright." Just the fact that she put that out there really made me start thinking about some "quirks" that I have. I'm not apologizing for them, they just help make me who I am. You can take me or leave me. (Except you, Jay. You have to keep me forever.) And let's face it, you all have quirks too - whether you admit them or not.
So in the interest of full disclosure, I thought I would give you a few:
1. The aforementioned lipstick - I love lipstick. I am still searching for that "perfect one" but I have come close with Loreal Colour Rich #836 Eva's Caramel. When you roll it up, you can see tiny little gold flecks that just thrill my soul for some reason. I firmly believe that every woman looks better with a little lipstick - as long as it's the right color, mind you. I am not a fan of the "nude" look on lips. It just doesn't seem right when I see a lady in full makeup and her lips are the same color as her skin. Huh? Why? Put on some pretty, pretty lipstick! Brighten up that face!
2. I want all ladies to wear earrings. Now, if you're ears aren't pierced, you are exempt. But if your ears are pierced - WEAR YOUR EARRINGS! Seeing that whole with no earring in it is not cute.
3. Paint your toenails. You just need to. I must confess that I recently went almost 2 weeks with my toenails not painted. I don't even know why I did it. It goes against everything I believe in related to my feet. I will tell you, my attitude in an open-toed shoe with painted toenails vs. unpainted - world's apart! And don't get me started on chipped toenail polish...
4. I have this "thing" about the way I lay in bed. I lay on my side. If for instance, I fall asleep on my left side and wake up for any reason, I immediately have to turn over on my right side. If I'm laying on my right side and get up to go to the bathroom, I cannot return and lay on my right side again. I have to turn on my left. It's some serious crazy. I've tried to overcome it just to see if I could but it's just not happenin'. I'm living with it.
5. I love bags - all bags. I would never even consider paying more for Clinque and Estee Lauder if it wasn't for those dang Bonuses WITH THE BAGS! And let me go to some kind of conference or something and they give me a tote - oh my.... Walking throught TJ Maxx or Marshalls or SteinMart and looking at their bags is like a little piece of heaven. I will say I get this honestly, my Mama passed this onto me - I think it was the "For the love, we need another bag" gene. Seriously, it's a part of our DNA.
That's all I better give you for now. I wouldn't want you to think there's something wrong with me or anything. Some of you who know me well may think of some I've missed - feel free to leave me a comment to remind me. And for the rest of you, let me know some of yours.