Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fear Factor

I won't name names but I have been told that my last post was a little, shall we say "negative"? It was just a baaaaaaaad day. Anyway, things got better - as they always do. Although, I did leave my cell phone at home today and I'm just hoping that I don't have car trouble, get kidnapped, etc. on the way home.

The car trouble thing at night is a big fear. It might have something to do with the fact that my Dad drilled in our heads the importance of ALWAYS making sure you call when you arrive and before you start to leave to come home. My best friend lived one street over and don't think I didn't imagine all the terrible things that could have happened to me in that 3.5 minute car ride.

Now that fear is nothing compared to my biggest fear of getting caught at train tracks at night. I have no idea where that came from but sometimes I feel my breath quickening just thinking about it. It's a real fear ya'll.

What kind of crazy fears do ya'll have?

4 comments:

MamaHen said...

That the chickens will peck my eyes out.

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, Jill. The train thing is a bad one for me. Except I'll take it up a level - I won't stop close to a passing train, You know, in case it derails. I know, I know...

Peeperspage said...

Then I guess you would freak out knowing that when I was in Mobile a few weeks ago a train was coming and the thingy that comes down to protect you hit the top of the car that we were in.
It was a little scary.

Anonymous said...

I am scared of crickets! Yuck!
And I am so glad my parents always made me call before and left and when I got somewhere. I plan to instill that in the girls too!