Saturday, February 28, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Ya'll! I did my first piece of embroidery today. Well, my first piece of embroidery that worked. I got my machine over a year ago and immediately tried to try something simple. About an hour later I had broken a needle, had a half-finished project and totally gave up. You get free lessons where I bought my machine and it only took me a little over a year to sign up for one. I know, brilliant.

Anyway, better late than never. I am now officially a member of an Embroidery Club and have done my first project. It's a birth cloth for Sister's new baby (whoever she may be!)



So there you go! I already signed up for next month's project and you know I'll display it (unless it's ugly!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so glad you are going to be able to make stuff with your machine. I can get you to do lots of projects for me!

Peeperspage said...

Jill,
I got an embroidery machine about 6 months ago and I still have not figured out how to embroider with it. I got the monogramming down pat. Very cute project.

Daphine said...

Great job girl! I'm impressed!

MamaHen said...

Jill, I love it!!!! And I love the new blog background!!!. Can't wait for Baby Girl to use it. Now, I am making a list of all the things you can make for me now.

Anonymous said...

I love your new look on the blog and I definitely love the embroidery. It is so cute. Can't wait to try it. Your Mama

Mollie said...

WOW! That's gorgeous!
Nicely done.