Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mama and Patricia Anne

Just so you know, I have the best Mama in the whole world. I don't know how I got so lucky because I've looked around at some other people's Mamas and WHOA!

So here's a little tidbit about Mama. Many years ago she discovered the Southern Sisters books by Anne George. There are 8 of them and she has probably read each of them at least 10 times - no lie. Now, Sister and I love them too and you can ALWAYS count on them for a good read and a good laugh. They're about 2 sisters, Mary Alice and Patricia Anne. They live in Homewood, AL and they get in all kinds of messes.

Mama doesn't really believe that Mary Alice and Patricia Anne are real, but she REALLY wants them to be. Rarely a week goes by that something doesn't happen that has her recalling a Patricia Anne story. She, Sister and I talk about them like they're real and sometimes we get so tickled that it's a struggle not to wet our pants!

Unfortunately, Anne George died in 2001 so there will be no more Southern Sisters books. (Although, Mama is desperately hoping that her relatives are going to clean out a box sometime and find a manuscript that hasn't been published yet.) If you haven't read them, I STRONGLY encourage you to head to the library and check these out.

Murder on a Girl's Night Out
Murder on a Bad Hair Day
Murder Runs in the Family
Murder Makes Waves
Murder Gets a Life
Murder Shoots the Bull
Murder Carries a Torch
Murder Boogies with Elvis

You will NOT BE SORRY!!!! And Mama, I love you more than I can possibly write.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too. I enjoyed using your sewing machine last night. It is a hum-dinger.

MamaHen said...

What do you mean they aren't real?

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Wendy, I think I saw Patrica Anne at The Piggly Wiggly last week. You know I really wish I was Mary Alice.

MamaHen said...

Jill, I LOVE the gloves and scarf. I think I might just sleep with that scarf it feels so good. Those will be so nice to have the parade. Thank you-you are the best!