Sunday, December 14, 2008

Up, Up and Away

Big weekend!

Yesterday morning I had the pleasure of watching Hubby walk across the stage at Samford as he received his Masters in Environmental Management. I was so proud! Not only because he's a National Honors Scholar, has a 3.78 GPA, but also because I looked around and realized that the cutest man there belongs to me!!! After graduation, the Sharpe Family Christmas began.

Just a little background on the way the Sharpe's do Christmas: Hubby's mom is a planner. She loves to plan parties and she loves to surprise people. The parties always have a theme. So, Christmas is an event that requires weeks of planning on her part and always ends with everyone loving what a good time they had. The hard part is that we never know where we're going. This year the theme was Up, Up and Away.

We rode with my Sister-in-law and her hubby. All we knew was that we had to take I59 to Exit 231 and call his Dad when we got there. His parents were waiting at that exit to lead us to our destination. We ended up at this house on a mountain in Cloudland, GA. (I had never heard of it either.) The house was huge and the view was spectacular. It was almost like being in Gatlinburg.



We had a blast! Last night we built a fire in the firepit, roasted marshmallows and were amazed at all the shooting stars. I really had a great time. We ate, played games, ate some more, laughed like crazy, ate. Did I mention we ate? We played a game with hats... I won't go into the details but the girls got a little silly with them later on.



So, I'm home and Hubby has left to go back to Atlanta. Thankfully, it's the last week he has to go. I'll sign-off now. Got to get some Christmas cards ready to send out!

4 comments:

Peeperspage said...

YEAH Jay!!!!! Tell him CONGRATS!!! Glad you had a good time at the Sharpe Family Christmas and I hope the Wright Family has a GREAT Christmas too. :)

Mrs. Jennifer said...

Hey Aunt Jill! I am so glad you found my blog and commented! It made my day! Now the idiocy that your poor sister has to live with can be confirmed. You can no longer say, "It can't be that bad!".
I love reading your stuff! We have great fam's, don't we?! Good material.
Congrats to Uncle Jay.
Oh, and p.s.- not only have the I heard of Cloudland, I have been there. Granny and Granddaddy took us (of course). Didn't get to stay in one of them there snazzy homes, though. It was more like a tent...

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a good time and to be in the mountains, Welllllll,you know how I am about the mountains. I, too, was very proud of Jay. We, at Wrightville, were very blessed when the Sharpes and the Clarks became part of our extended family.

MamaHen said...

Yeah Jay! I am so proud of him. He has worked hard and you have supported him so much. So Yeah Jill! And I am so glad it is his last week to be gone.

Glad you had a good time this weekend. You girls look cute!